skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Pumped for the 2010 ski season!
I saw on TV that Rays Ski Shop at Myrtleford was having start of their 10 day Easter sale on Good Friday. Considering the other shops at Wang were closed and I wasn't going back to Melbourne until Easter Saturday, off I went late in the morning, leaving Wang at 10. Was a pretty good drive on the Great Alpine Road & 30mins later there I was at the ski shop. So they've been open for at least 2.5hrs already by the time I arrived, but it was still so packed - about 50 people lining up at the checkout, with the queue going to back of shop.I didn't really plan on getting anything except to have a look (& maybe a pair of ski pants). For some reason I saw the skis were on sale & I ended by buying a pair (picture below). $525 off the RRP for new skis was a pretty good bargain even for 2009 models.
Haven't really learnt how to ski properly yet - I've only had one Lvl 1 lesson before. But will definitely have fun & be hitting the slopes quite often when the 2010 season starts on Queen's Birthday long weekend. Hopefully by the end of season I'll be able to turn the skis :D. All I need now is a pair of ski boots.
No comments:
Post a Comment